Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sunshine

Sunshine our Cocker-mix dog
Rainbow Bridge
October 8, 2006
As some of you already know and some of you do not this past weekend my favorite little 4 legged friend got ill and we had to have her put down. I got "Sunshine" or my Sunny, Miss Mess, or many other affectionate names we called her, when she was 5 weeks old. She was 1/2 blonde cocker spaniel, 1/4 lasha aphso, and 1/4 pekingese... I called her a cocka-lasa-peek. She had so many special little ways and was such a sweet loving animal. She never snapped at anyone and loved to greet us with her tennis ball in her mouth when we came in the door.
After we got home from the vet hospital we put all her things in the storage room, her ball, her dish, her grooming brush, her leash and her collar and her little bed. I thought that this would help me not think about her so much and how much I would miss her. However, every time I sit down to a meal and she is not there with her big brown eyes pleading for just the smallest crumb it is very difficult. After we came home from church today as we walked in the door and she wasn't here to greet us I began to realize that there are so many ways in which our pets become such a part of our lives.
I don't know if there really is a pet heaven but I do know that God loves us and we will be very happy in heaven so I am hoping and praying that he will grant my wish and allow me to see my Sunny again.




In loving memory of "Sunshine" Feb 14, 1994 to Oct 7, 2006
The Rainbow Bridge
There is a bridge connecting heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush, green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
There is only one thing missing: They are not with their special person(s) who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly looks up! The nose twitches. The ears are up. The eyes are staring. And this one suddenly runs from the group.
You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

No comments:

Post a Comment